- Phone: 0048 89 519 54 77
- Mail: email@example.com
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.olsztynek.pl
Member of the Polish National Network
One visit is not enough. A Masurian town in the Warmian district of Olsztyn, known not only to children for the Kubuś juices which are manufactured here. It was established, by knights of the Teutonic Order, on land the Prussians had conquered. St. Peter (crest) has been associated with the town since the 14th century. However, it was only in the year 2011 that the Holy See approved of the choice of the Saint as a patron of the town. It is a town which has witnessed a great history, starting with the Battle of Grunwald and ending with World War II.
- The heritage park – established in 1913 in Królewiec. Before the outbreak of World War II, 8 buildings were moved to Olsztynek. At present, the museum comprises over 50 facilities from such regions are Warmia, Masuria, Powiśle, Barcja, Sambia and Lithuania Minor. During the summer season, there are many open-air events organised here, including the Peasant Fair and the Herb Holiday,
- The revitalised market with its representation of the foundations of the Medieval city hall,
- Town Hall – built in the years 1915-1923,
- Castle – from the 14th century, completely reconstructed in the 19th century, presently restored – it functions as the seat of the school complex,
- Show room,
- "Mrongovius House" – a museum devoted to the defender of the Polish language and traditions in the Masuria Region
- The medieval arrangement of the old town with its remnants of stone curtain walls,
- Lion monument – once an element of the mausoleum, at present it stands in front of the town hall, Glass works.
- Regional Rehabilitation Hospital for Children in America – restored and expanded with a healing micro-climate,
- Church in Orzechowo – located as a stand-alone building among forests and fields,
- Czarci Jar a village located at the spring of the Drwęca river, in which the differences in elevations reach up to 70 m,
- Nadrowo marshland – Here it is possible to admire the nature reserve from a scenic platform,
- The site of the „second battle of Tannenberg" in 1914. Germans celebrated their victory by the erection of a monument – the subsequent Hindenburg's Mausoleum, pulled down in the year 1949,
- Cemetery in Sudwa, where 55,000 prisoners of war from the nearby camp Stalag IB Hohenstein were kept during World War II.
- The restaurant with the green oven,
- Karczma Skansen [Skansen Tavern],
- Zajazd Jagiełek [Jagiełek Inn],
- Magdalenka Bakery and Confectionery,
- Octim - Vinegar and Mustard Manufacturing Plant,
- Fish Farm in Swaderki,
- Perkoz – Polish Scouting and Guiding Association's Centre in the village of Waszeta.
ul. Ratusz 1, tel. 0048 89 519 54 77
Artur Wrochna – Mayor of Olsztynek
Supervisor Cittaslow Olsztynek – Karol Kijkowski