- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.slowfood.no
Member of the Nordik Cittaslow Network
Cittaslow Sokndal, Gamleveien 20, 4380 Hauge I Dalane, Norway.
Contact: person: Nils Jacobsen. Email: email@example.com.
Phone 0047 907 22 088
Sokndal is a coastal municipality located in the South-West Norway, 110 km south of Stavanger. 3250 inhabitants. The municipality has an area of 295 km2. Hauge Dalane is the community center.
Sokndal is the largest mining municipality in Norway. Varied business. Unique fishing opportunities in the sea, the salom river Sokno as well as lakes. Great trekking areas with numerous marked trails. Work is under way to establish a Unesco geopark in the region named Magma Geopark.
Sokndal has many attractions, including Sogndalstrand protected with wooden houses from 1700s and 1800s, Jøssingfjord famous for the Altmark affair – the first act of war on Norwegian soil during World War II, two houses below Helleren, Ruggesteinen is Northern Europe’s largest rocking stone on 74 tons etc.
Sokndal was the first municipality in Scandinavia which became a member of Cittaslow in 2003. Together with the other members of the Nordic countries are the community member of the Nordic network Cittaslow.
Of our work in Sokndal in relation to Cittaslow include:
- Promoting Cittaslow and different Cittaslow products.
- Active efforts to engage the local population in the work of Cittaslow.
- Annual week with love and care.
- Primary school as a Cittaslow-school.
- Italian weekend is held 3 times.
- A peace cairn with stones from all the country's municipalities.
- Working to promote local products.
- Support from Local Government Ministry to Cittaslow Sokndal.
- Homepage for Cittaslow Sokndal - www.cittaslow.no
Cooperation with other
Sokndal have participated in the creation of the Nordic Cittaslow Network. It is entered into a cooperation agreement with the other members of the Nordic countries has been adopted in the political councils.
Nordic Cittaslow Network work together about 1 - 2 annual project. Homepage www.cittaslow.com and initiated projects within the certification of Cittaslow companies and a project that goes on the host role. Cooperation with Eidskog about the project: “Cittaslow – the good life in Sokndal and Eidskog.”
The closest chapter of Slow Food is in Stavanger www.slowfood.no
Multimedia presentations from Sokndal