Synopsis of Jeonju World Slowness Forum and Awards 2020
Green city & Happiness
The global warming phenomenon, caused by high-level industrialization and a high-speed society, leads to the destruction of the ecosystem and the massive pandemic and this is continuously getting worse. Now, it is time for humans to gather wisdom in order to overcome this crisis and turn this into an opportunity. By shifting the paradigm which changes cities into 100% green parks, we can make our lives a soft and deep place of memorymellow memory of a house in the park. Right here, we would like to ask for your attention and collaboration with a hope that humans not only move forward into a community of communication and solidarity with each other but also shares our vision in a good and beautiful way.
JEONJU SLOWNESS FORUM
simultaneous interpretation 9:30-00:30pm Friday 18 of September video conference
Gerda Stuchlik is Mayor of Freiburg in Germany. Freiburg is the one of the birthplaces of the environmental movement in Germany. She carries out environmental preservation policies for Freiburg which is regarded as the mecca of green energy’s revolution.
Environmental policy of Freiburg, Germany
- Best practice: Environmental policy has became a tourism charisma
- Green city: Solar energy city and carbon waste zero city
- Sustainable urban transport policy: Sustainable mobility for preventative
traffic avoidance and pedestrian zone etc.
Charles Montgomery is an author of Happy city, journalist as well as founding principal of happy city. He is also leader of transformative experiments, research and interventions for wellbeing in cities as an urbanist and a member of the United Nations Sustainable Solutions Networks sub-council for Happy Cities.
- Happy City (Transforming Our Lives Through Urban Design): This book examines the intersection between urban design and the emerging science of happiness and it has published in 4 countries (North America, UK, South Korea, and Kazakhstan).
Citation of Merit from the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society for outstanding contribution
THE 1ST JEONJU WORLD SLOWNESS FORUM IN 2017
- Carl Honore, journalist ENGLAND PRESENTER 2
- Florian Opitz, director GERMANY
THE 2nd JEONJU WORLD SLOWNESS FORUM IN 2018
- Dr. Franz Alt, journalist and writer GERMANY
- Ulrik Goos Iversen, principal of Baunehøj Efterskole DENMARK
THE 3rd JEONJU WORLD SLOWNESS FORUM IN 2019
- Pier Giorgio Oliveti, secretary general of Cittaslow International ITALIA
- Prof. Frederic Gros/ philosopher, University of Paris XII FRANCE